- 2 - three year terms as City Councillor
- 7 years with the Nelson & Area Economic Development Commission, 4 of those as Economic Development Officer
- 3 years with the Kootenay Coop Radio volunteering for a program called By The People - a show about democracy and citizen empowerment
- Director on the Nelson & District Housing Society
- Director and Vice-President on the Nelson Electric Tramway Society (when the project was being built)
- Director on the Nelson University Centre Society
I have chosen one endorsement ...from a dear friend and mentor, Doug Ormond - former City Administrator for the City of Nelson (1975-1995). I feel fortunate to have had a person of such integrity, knowledge and wisdom to guide me in my first year on City Council.
"Congratulations on your decision to run for Mayor! You certainly have my endorsement because I know how passionately you care about Nelson. As Mayor, I know you will do what is right for the citizens. Your leadership will provide commitment and stability to move Nelson forward in the direction that the citizens want the city to go."